Houston’s Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Houston bicycle accident lawyer, James Walker, knows how devastating a bike collision can be. These accidents are more common than you might think and they happen every day in the Houston area. If you or someone you know has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it is essential to seek representation. Hire an experienced Houston bicycle attorney like Walker Texas Lawyer. They will aggressively protect your rights and make sure you receive justice.
Walker Texas Lawyer is committed to helping bicycle riders in the Houston area obtain fair compensation for their injuries. He understands that this accident has greatly impacted your life. He will work tirelessly on your behalf to get you the most compensation possible. Walker Texas Lawyer can investigate what caused this collision. He will gather evidence demonstrating who is at fault for the accident.
If you or a loved one has been a victim of an injury due to another’s negligence, you may have grounds to file suit. To learn about your legal options, contact a bike accident attorney. A Personal Injurylawyer can help you decide the best avenue to pursue justice.
Need a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
In one brief moment, an accident can change a person’s life forever. This is especially true when bicycle riders are involved in a collision with a vehicle. Every year, more than 300 Houston area bicycle riders are injured in negligent accidents.
The injuries and consequences of bike accidents are similar to those ofcar accidents, but amplified. When you’ve been hit on a bike, there’s little to protect you from flying a hundred feet at breakneck speeds. You may suffer injuries such as:
- Broken bones such as shattered bones and hips, compound and simple fractures, as well as complete breaks.
- Head trauma like concussions, fractured skulls, and traumatic brain injury.
- Spinal cord injuries resulting in paralysis, quadriplegia, tetraplegia, and paraplegia
The costs of these injuries can be astronomical, and missing extended time at work can exacerbate this. Fortunately, there may be a way to stay afloat financially.
If you believe that another party is responsible for your bicycle accident and the injuries you have suffered, you may be able to file suit to recover damages. Some common items include:
- Lost wages
- Future lost earnings
- Medical care costs
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Pain and suffering
Personal Injury Bicycle Lawsuit
The lawsuit process actually begins at the site of the accident. If you are conscious and able, you should take photos of the accident scene and of your bicycle and the involved vehicle. Get the names and contact numbers of all witnesses. Call the police and make a report. Be cautious when you speak to law enforcement officers. They need to know what happened, but be very careful not to say that any part of the accident was your fault. Anything you say will later be used against you. Save your clothes. They may later be useful as evidence.
What Happens In An Accident case?
- Seek Immediate Medical Attention – You may think that you’re not injured, but it’s possible to wake up with aches and pains caused by the accident. If you wait too long or don’t seek treatment at all, your insurer will try to claim in court later on down the line that these injuries were due elsewhere than what really happened during or after an auto collision.
- You are probably going to get asked by an insurance adjuster after a car accident for statements, so it’s important not only to be safe but also smart. Insurance companies can make things look bad if you give too much information. No matter how kind and compassionate the adjuster seems to be, adjusters work for the insurance company. They do not work for injured people and your words can easily be twisted around to blame you at least partially for the accident.
- Lawsuit – After your attorney reviews the facts of the case, including the police and investigative reports, he or she will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf. You are named as the plaintiff and the person you sue is the defendant.
- Discovery – After a lawsuit is filed, the accused has to answer questions under oath. Medical experts review your medical records and determine what type of work you can do now or in the future after an accident; financial consultants evaluate how much money was lost because of this incident. A reconstruction team may also be needed for some accidents where there are no witnesses available at time.
- Settlement Process- The insurer will likely make a settlement offer or your attorney will open negotiations. If they can agree on something that is fair for both parties then the terms of this deal would be put into writing. After approval from the court it’ll turn in to an official judgment.
- Trial: If a fair settlement cannot be agreed upon, your attorney will vigorously present your case at trial.
Why You Should Consult a Bicycle Accident Lawyer?
The bicycle is one of the most common modes of transportation, especially for people who live in cities. However it can also be dangerous if you’re not careful! If your life has been impacted negatively because someone caused an accident with your bike, then don’t hesitate to seek legal representation. You deserve compensation for someone elses negligence.
If you need an attorney following a bicycle accident, contact Walker Texas Lawyer today for a free consultation or call Toll-free today at 713-552-1117. Don’t hesitate to get justice!