Houston’s Brain Injury Attorney
Traumatic brain injuries can be one of the most debilitating and complex injuries a person can sustain. Since the brain is responsible for every aspect of the human body from regulating your central nervous system and heart rate to controlling your motor function, damage to the brain is almost always catastrophic in nature.
The key to a successful brain injury lawsuit is hiring an experienced brain injury lawyer. Another key to gaining compensation for brain injuries resulting from another’s negligent act is having experts on your side. An expert’s opinions and testimony can make the case. At Walker Texas Lawyer, we maintain a group of medical experts with whom we consult with including experts in medical technology, reconstruction, investigation and neurology.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury, TBI:
- Car Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Near drowning
- When someone experiences a TBI, medical treatment should be sought immediately! Traumatic brain injury is a very serious, catastrophic injury that stresses care as soon as possible to avoid further damage.
- Symptoms of Brain Injury
- Symptoms of an open or closed head injury with a traumatic brain injury include, but are not limited to:
- Spinal fluid (thin water-looking liquid) coming out of the ears or nose
- Loss of consciousness; however, loss of consciousness may not occur in some concussion cases
- Dilated or unequal pupils
- Loss of eye movement
- Respiratory failure
- Semicomatose state
- Impaired muscle tone and muscle movements
- One sided paralysis
- Slow pulse
- Slow respiration rate, with an increase in blood pressure
- Inefficient thinking/ impaired cognition
- Inappropriate emotional response