Choosing the right Houston personal injury attorney
Protect your financial future after a serious accident
It is critical that you choose a lawyer qualified to handle your case. Walker Texas Lawyer will put 37 years of legal experience to work for you! A car accident can turn your life upside down. We know how destructive and upsetting an auto accident can be, especially if you’ve been injured. Let us help you on the road to recovery. Houston is one of the leading cities for car accidents in the state of Texas. If you or a loved one have been injured due to auto, truck or motorcycle accident don’t be victim twice. Let Walker Texas Lawyer help. Don’t deal with the insurance company on your own.
Catastrophic injuries often occur in accidents involving trucks 18 wheelers or commercial vehicles. These are any injuries that have serious, long-term effects on the victim. We can help you recover compensation for lost wages, loss of enjoyment of life, mental anguish, pain and suffering, lost future wages, permanent disability, and medical bills.
Truck accidents in Houston, can be devastating to a victim and their entire family. Given the size and weight of a truck, even at a low impact, a truck accident can be catastrophic. The results of a truck accident can lead to back, spinal cord, brain injury, and even wrongful death. You or a loved one may be entitled to collect damages.
Wrongful death as a legal term is a death that has occurred at the fault of another person. For example, deaths caused by drunk driving, or the manufacture of a defective or dangerous product. Also, the construction of an unsound structure, or failing to diagnose a fatal disease may be considered “wrongful deaths.”
In some cases, the driver of the truck, 18 wheeler or commercial vehicle, is not responsible for the accident. Some truck drivers are under increased pressure by their companies to meet strict deadlines. This pressure usually contributes to driver fatigue, intoxication by substances used for sleep deprivation, and being in too much of a hurry to properly maintain the trucks themselves. For innocent motorists in their path, this is a recipe for disaster.
If you or a loved one have been injured in a truck accident in Houston and need 18 wheeler accident legal advice, contact Walker Texas Lawyer today at 713-552-1117. There is no cost for the consultation and thanks to the Walker Texas Lawyer NO FEE Guarantee, there’s no fee on your case unless we win! It’s that simple.
18 Wheeler and Truck Accidents cause over 130,000 injuries every year in the United States. Of those, approximately 5,000 result in death.
There are five main reasons a truck may cause an accident:
- Turning: Large trucks need a lot of room to turn. It is common for the truck driver to use more than one lane of traffic to make a right turn. However, this often crushes unsuspecting passenger vehicles .
- Fatigue: One study indicates the average truck driver only gets 4.8 hours of sleep per night. Clearly this is not enough rest. Although the laws have changed limiting a trucker’s drive time. Studies show some truckers still continue to drive long hours in order to keep up with the company demands.
- Brake Time: Large trucks can’t stop on a dime, which leads to a great number of rear-end accidents. A rear-end collision from a truck is always more devastating than with an automobile, due to the weight of the truck.
- Jack-knife: Large trucks can jack-knife if they come to a sudden stop and the load shifts. Therefore, this sudden shift causes the trailer to come around and go sideways. When this happens, there is no place for a passenger vehicle to go.
- Stimulants: Due to the long hours on the road, many truckers have turned to using stimulants to keep themselves awake. However, often these stimulants are illegal.