Houston’s Workers Compensation Attorney
If you’ve experienced a workplace injury, you may have questions about your rights and options. Most of us feel safe at work, and don’t really consider the consequences of a work accident. Sometimes workplace accidents come from the negligence on the part of a coworker or a supervisor. Other times it can stem from the employer ignoring safety (OSHA), fire, and building codes. If you believe you’ve been injured on the job due to negligence or carelessness, you might want to consult with a workplace injury lawyer.
What Are Common Types On The Job Accidents?
Even if you work in a risky occupation, you still have the right to the safest workplace possible. Common work accidents include:
- Warehousing and construction accidents which can result from negligence and carelessness of supervisors and employers, as well as defective equipment.
- Manufacturing and industrial accidents, including plant explosions and exposure to harmful chemicals
- Maritime accidents like oil rigs, fishing boats, and cruise lines.
- Slip and falls in the office.
What Injuries Result in a Work Accident claim?
If you’re hoping to get compensation, you will need to consult with a workplace injury lawyer. They will be able to help you understand if you have a claim. Some common injuries for which people seek claims are:
- Physical impairment.
- Permanent or temporary disability
- Mental anguish
You may be able to file suit for any injury that occurred on the job. You may be able to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other costs associated with your workplace injury.