Industrial workers become victim of workplace accidents more than any other profession. Refineries are inherently dangerous and there exist multiple threats of fires and explosions. Texas marks as house to the largest refineries and contribute largely to the state’s economy but the maze of pipes and equipment leave the workers prone to accidents. In the event you are in an accident you need an experienced refinery accident attorney.
Texas Refinery Accidents
Refineries bear elaborated history of employee injuries, and in some cases death, due to refinery explosions and fires. While accidents in these refineries occur because of other reasons as well such as falling, fires and explosions are the most common cause.
Why do plant explosions happen?
An explosion or fire can happen in a refinery for several reasons.
- Sometimes it starts off as a small fire. Since these refineries deal with multiple chemicals, even the smallest fire can cause huge destruction on the plant.
- Lack of maintenance of equipment. Even tiny error can wreak havoc on the plant.
- Lack of proper training to workers
- Electrical misfunctioning
- Sometimes employees do not follow the safety guidelines given to them.
- Negligence on the part of employers in not meeting safety standards set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Unsafe working conditions
If you or a loved one has been victimized by a Texas refinery explosion or fire, it’s important to consult a refinery accident attorney to deal with your case. You may be entitled to compensation which the refinery fire attorney will help you get. Contact Walker Texas Lawyer to at least lift some burden the injury might have caused you or your family.